News From The Sunshine Coast

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Father's Day Bike Ride

One of the things we like to do each morning is go for a bike ride. It is good exercise and is good for the heart, weight, cholesterol etc. Our ride usually lasts about 50 minutes and includes a couple of hills. We ride into the neighbouring estate and cruise around there before returning to Bellvista and home.

September is Magpie swooping season and did Trish and I get blasted this morning? A very persistent fellow he was, having a good 7 or 8 goes at me before giving Trish a few swoops just for good measure. I was hit on the shoulder and on the left ear. Don't know if it was beak or wings but I can tell you it did not do the blood pressure any good. Trish got a hit behind her left ear too.

We will be investigating new routes for our morning bike rides for the next 4 weeks or so!

With our warmer nights recently the pool loses less heat overnight nowadays. This morning the pool was 21 and the temp is expected to get to 25 today. Overnight was about 15 or so. The sun has a lot more kick in it now. I would expect the pool to get to about 23 this afternoon.

Up north at a place called Cardwell (midway between Cairns and Townsville) they have had 401 mls of rain in 33 hours! That is 16 inches of rain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home